DjangoBooks.com

New Batch of Manouche Latcho Drom Guitars!

2»

Comments

• andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    Hey Michael,

How would you compare it to the 370, your old fav asian? :)
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    andmer wrote:

How would you compare it to the 370,

Well, the 370 is a D hole so it's a different animal. The 370 is the best of Sagas, but I still like the Latcho Droms better. Especially this Maple one which just kills!

your old fav asian? :)

???

Do you mean the 370 is like the JP Favino I used to play? Not even close....
  • andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    yeah i meant the Saga. You mentioned less setup options than a Dupont, what did you mean by that? sorry i'm a bit naive.
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Michael,

Do the Latcho Droms have an adjustable truss rod?

TIA
    HCQ
    HCQ wrote:
    Michael,

Do the Latcho Droms have an adjustable truss rod?

TIA

yes, they do!
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    In light of the the shop that makes these guitars appear to be, it could be really nice if they made a Selmer spec guitar, I.E., laminated body, Walnut neck, etc., with a 4 brace top plate instead of a 5 brace as economically as their other laminated sides/back model.

Though I don't know what is involved with making a so called "503", I'm just thinking out loud.
    HCQ
  • JohanJohan Oslo, NorwayNew
    How is the difference between the Dell Arte Hommage and the Lacho Drom Solid Maple in quality? I have to change from my Asian-made Debarre Dell Arte since im now only using my Easman achtop because it is so much better then the dell arte in sound and playability. I would really want a Bob Holo guitar or a AJL but they must be twice the price or more. Is the Lacho a selmer sice?
    Band up and running! Finaly!
    Johan wrote:
    How is the difference between the Dell Arte Hommage and the Lacho Drom Solid Maple in quality?

The Hommage (the US made one) definitely has better workmanship, but sound wise is probably only slightly better then the Latcho Droms in terms in volume and tone quality. The Maple Latcho Drom is so good that it's actually on par with the Hommage, but the other Latcho Droms have a little less volume and some tonal elements which are not as nice as the Hommage.