DjangoBooks.com

RIP - Ted Greene

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited July 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Pat Cilberto sent me the following. I know there are some Ted Greene fans here who would like to know...

I just found out about Ted Greene's passing and I'm in shock. Below is the note I received from my friend Michael McClure, who found out through his friend Jamie Kime. I haven't seen anything in the news or on the Internet and wanted to let you guys know. His genius and kind soul will be missed.

Pat

--------

UPDATE:Autopsy is tentatively scheduled for Wed., 7/26. It is likely (Ted Greene) passed away sometime Saturday 7/23, and was found by the building manager after failing to receive students arriving for lessons. Coroner suspects a heart attack, although this has NOT been confirmed.

Currently, his apt. at the Encino El Dorado on Burbank Blvd. is sealed by police pending the completion of investigation/autopsy at which time family members will be granted access.

Memorial services are pending.

Ted was not married and had no children. He leaves behind two siblings - a brother and sister - and a girlfriend, Barbara, who was out of the country at the time of his death. He would have been 59 years old this September.

To discuss Ted Greene with fellow guitarists, please go to the following: [url=http://www.tedgreene.blogspot.com]http://www.tedgreene.blogspot.com[/url]

Comments

• Tom ConwayTom Conway Maui, HawaiiNew
    Thanks for posting this Eddy. Ted was an amazing musician and an incredible human being who will be greatly missed by all those he touched either personally or through his music and books.

Tom
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Tom Conway wrote:
    Thanks for posting this Eddy. Ted was an amazing musician and an incredible human being who will be greatly missed by all those he touched either personally or through his music and books.

Tom

Thats sad news--he was an amazing guitarist judging from the one LP i have of him--superb chord playing!!!!!!
    Stu