DjangoBooks.com

Had to cancel our Calgary gig for Sunday!!!

Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
edited May 2009 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 203
I've been laid up the past couple of days with a messed up neck and right shoulder/arm. I've been having near constant spasm's and can't even turn my head or lift my arm.
THIS SUCKS!!!
The last time we had a gig booked at this club, we had a scheduling misscomunication and I was away, unfortunately we were booked a week earlier than we had been told.
Today I had to cancel again, and I feel horrible about it.
I can't even hold a pick right now, I'm just hanging out at home bored to death. I had to bow out of an invite to jam with a local swing band for tonight, and probably won't make rehearsal Monday for another group. I can't even think about practicing the Fiddle for the sideman gig I landed yesterday. All this stuff came along all at once, and this happens!!!
:lol::lol: , ahhhh ,well...hopefully this will pass soon and I can get back to work.
Nothing to do but do alot of listening,and brush up on my sight reading I guess.
Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Ian, I'm sorry to hear this. Any injury which prevents you from playing is pretty scary for a musician. Get well soon!

-Michael
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Thanks Michael!!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Transcribing and ear training could be an option to pass the time

Hope you get back to playing soon!
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery, Ian!
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
    Thanks guys,
    I've been diving into my old boxes of "Guitar Player" back issues from about 1975 to present, and the kids bring me a fresh coffee every hour, so other than the pain and inability to play/do anything,it could be worse!!
    Thanks again for all the well wishes, it's greatly appreciated!!
    I'm pretty much back to 100% now, been able to play again ,which is great!!
    I have no idea what happened, or why, but it sucked!!! I've been practiceing like a madman again, wearin' out strings and grimin' up the wegen,just pluggin away.
    Things like this are a lovely lil' wakeup call....helps to remind me not to waste time, and that making music and playing guitar is somthing that should't be taken for granted.
    Thanks again for all the well wishes, it's greatly appreciated!!
    I'm pretty much back to 100% now, been able to play again ,which is great!!
    I have no idea what happened, or why, but it sucked!!! I've been practiceing like a madman again, wearin' out strings and grimin' up the wegen,just pluggin away.
    Things like this are a lovely lil' wakeup call....helps to remind me not to waste time, and that making music and playing guitar is somthing that should't be taken for granted.