DjangoBooks.com

Selmer on Ebay ?

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    In fact the top of that Ryan was "bearclawed" but at a level I frankly had never witnessed before. Here' s a pic of a Mission where I think he used the same batch. You can notice around the bridge the curved grain!
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    that top is really strange, but very beautiful in it´s own way. it looks more like a wide flame/tiger figure. the top waving near the bridge is also strange, such a tight and "uniform" radius... it does make for an interesting symmetry!
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    6 days to the end of the auction and it has already reached EUR 17.050,00 (but it will ship for just EUR 17,99! I'm not sure the guy knew what he had there when he listed the guitar :-)
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    frater wrote:
    6 days to the end of the auction and it has already reached EUR 17.050,00 (but it will ship for just EUR 17,99! I'm not sure the guy knew what he had there when he listed the guitar :-)
    I think he didn't really knew. He has a small shop for second-hand furniture in Göttingen and - like all gypsies do - he deals in second-hand violins and so on. But he was aware that this guitar was very rare. Really funny to offer an original Selmer Guitar als "Selmer style guitar".
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    It could easily reach 25.000 , maybe more. It's a bit silly because the top looks really compromised and although I've seen even more damaged Selmer come back to life and play great, you can never really say before. But people are using Selmer as a form of investment today... it hasn't much to do with music anymore, I'm afraid.
    Maybe some people bid a lot of money because they want to make an investment. On the other hand, I suppose that some people just want to have an original selmer as a "souvenir", just to feel a little bit of original "Django spirit". If you really have a lot of money you don't care if it costs 25.000 or 50.000 EUR. I remember that Eric Clapton once wanted to buy Stochelos Selmer 504 for a "good amount of money". Peter Frampton has an original Maccaferri (why? I don't know). And recall that student of Denis who bought 2 dozens of Selmers, Busatos etc. all at once.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Maybe Peter Frampton has a Maccaferri because it sounds great. I have one, too, a 1932,and it is amazing...and really loud!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Here's just another sample - one of the old Selmer guitars you can buy on ebay every day if you want:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Henri-Selmer-Par ... 20d2a5fa59

Nr. 851 the one Mr. Legrand once bought from Henri Selmer
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Ohhh, now we're talking, look at that pliage!
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    edited May 2013 Posts: 763
    The bid for the 510 has been suspended... :shock: