DjangoBooks.com

Need Opinions- Django as Baby Name?

Comments

• richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    Do it...as far as I'm concerned there needs to be more Djangos in the world!
  • DjazzerDjazzer New
    Noddy Holder from the Uk band Slade named his son Django,as he`s a big fan of the man, he states he learned guitar from listening to Django`s records.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    At our house the kids got "normal" names. I blame my wife... I got to name the pets, though, so they all have had inspired names

I don't think there's a right or wrong to it. He'll get used to it whatever you name him...and so will his friends. So what's it going to be if you have a girl?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Yes "Mighty Aphrodite" that's it! :wink:
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    if you give him "Django" as a middle name you can call him "D.J." for short.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I suggested naming our first born Django or "Mississippi John" but my wife seemed to think I was joking.

According to Wikipedia:
    A number of musicians named their sons Django in reference to Reinhardt, including David Crosby, former Slade singer Noddy Holder, Jerry Jeff Walker, Richard Durrant, and also actors Nana Visitor & Alexander Siddig and Raphael Sbarge. Jazz musician Django Bates and singer-songwriter Django Haskins were named after him.

You could always use Django as a nickname but give him a more traditional name, like Wally or Dick, so he won't be made fun of...
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    What if he should grow to become this type of Django?[/img] :D
  • ToddTodd Orange county CaNew
    LOL, Well I certainly appreciate all of the responses. My wife read the responses and she said that if the true gypsy jazz fans had this sort of mixed reaction then perhaps it is not a good route to take. We actually still love the name for it's uniqueness and of course what and who it represents. Django Luc is what we were thinking but perhaps Luc Django :)
    Luckily, (or unluckily depending how you look at it) my wife likes unique names. So for a girl, Cerulean Claire is it. Little does she know that the name still links to Django because of the song 'Blues Clair'. Cerulean means blue :P
    I like the comment about using it as a middle or nickname so that we have "normal" options. Thanks for indulging a slightly off topic post.

Cheers,
    Todd
  • JohanJohan Oslo, NorwayNew
    David Crosby of CSNY called his son Django. Its actually a bit strange, because David Crosby and Django are my two musical heroes.
    Band up and running! Finaly!
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Same here!