DjangoBooks.com

Django in June videos to jazz you up for Djangofest

Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
edited October 2008 in Welcome Posts: 1,252
Man, if your heart ain't pounding in your chest now, you better get with it because you only have about 12 hours to get on it. Tomorrow morning, good lord willin' & ifn' the creek don't rise, I'm heading to Djangofest for the annual finger-endurance-trials & musical fest there.

As many of you live far from Washington and/or have work/family events that keep you from going, I spent some time today putting some vids up on youtube. I spoke w/ Mathieu and he was supportive of me putting up some stuff to help get your "Djangofest mood on".

This is a jam that the gents from Ensemble Zaiti did on the lawn in front of the main living quarters - they did their warmup in public for all to see - a very very cool thing for them to do and much appreciated by all the people there. Adrien came out of the main hall with a big smile and said: "Hey Bob, where is that guitar, we would like to run through a few songs." So I got it and they started in. People gathered around till it was nightfall and then they saw Robin Nolan walking across the lawn coming back from dinner and they called him over and he did a few songs with them. It was a fantastic time - Where else but Djangofest and Django in June does this stuff happen in America?

OK, see you there - and if you have to skip this year, see you next year.

And - thank you very much to whomever slipped these vids under my room door at Django in June. I still don't know who you are, but be assured that you are appreciated.

-Bob

http://www.youtube.com/user/rlholo
You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thank you so much for those videos!!!
    By the way I saw Adrien and Mathieu in Samois a couple of weeks after Django in June and they had the nicest things to say about your guitar. Mathieu told me "Bob (H)olo guitar is better than Dupont!".
    It sounds amazing in Adrien's hands! Really clear, powerful and beautiful...
    Good luck at Djangofest!
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Bob,

That impromptu lawn concert was so cool.... beautiful setting, such a mellow mood. What a rare, enjoyable session it was.

Your guitar sounds great in these vids (and in person, I was in the front row :D ). Can you tell us a little about this guitar?

Craig