DjangoBooks.com

Perfect Rhythm: Titi Bamberger

Comments

• CiganoCigano New
    I don't rate that rhythm playing - drags....

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27xC7EwchMI

Swings like **** ....Faifie Reinhardt's got it down...effortless ;-)
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Cigano wrote:
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one who felt this way. To me, it is far from perfect...... rather sluggish and it certainly does not swing.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Cigano wrote:
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one who felt this way. To me, it is far from perfect...... rather sluggish and it certainly does not swing.
    Are you talking about Titi Bamberger's playing?
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Cigano wrote:
    Are you talking about Titi Bamberger's playing?
    Yes.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I think his playing in that video is fine, but I agree with Teddy, there are definitely much better examples out there that have more fire in them and that is not saying that Titi Bamberger cannot also kick it up a notch, because he probably can...
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    sorry but I agree with mr Dupont here
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Ok checking back on "All of me" he might be dragging a little (especially right after the intro when the melody comes in)... but it's a medium tune with a lazy feel nothing like that "Daphne" post from youtube, he's backing up the singer and I thought he sounded like a whole rhythm section, old school.
    Titi plays in the german style which is straighter than usual anyway.
    I didn't think it was that bad... has a good sound and cool vibe doesn't it?
    Maybe I'm biased because he's such a nice guy...
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    has a good sound and cool vibe doesn't it?

i think so, he plays a lot of rhythmic and harmonic variations, in a duo situation like this it works quite nicely IMO.
  • mennomenno HollandNew
    thanks for putting up Titi and German singer Ulrike Haller performing at his kitchen table. All of me is an all time great. Teddy is right of course in as far as it's a millisecond off. But notice the drive with which Titi is playing. Also notice the walls of the place. Everywhere you can see are Django 33 rpm's. He sure is the most underrated Django adept I know. He not only loves Django and therewith earned the respect of the Reinhardt family, he lives the life. And shortly he will fly to Boston and join Lynda Kraar for her festival. I wish him the best of luck and a responsive audience.
    ;-) Menno
    grtz,
    :-) Menno
  • mennomenno HollandNew
    Ok checking back on "All of me" he might be dragging a little (especially right after the intro when the melody comes in)... but it's a medium tune with a lazy feel nothing like that "Daphne" post from youtube, he's backing up the singer and I thought he sounded like a whole rhythm section, old school.
    Titi plays in the german style which is straighter than usual anyway.
    I didn't think it was that bad... has a good sound and cool vibe doesn't it?
    Maybe I'm biased because he's such a nice guy...

I am with you!
    ;-) Menno
    grtz,
    :-) Menno