DjangoBooks.com

Question on tremolo

Comments

• trumbologytrumbology San FranciscoNew
    And I thought I was cheating when I turned the pick inward! So glad to know I'm in good company.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hi everyone!
    MIchael, How do you turn the pick inward? Do you bend the wrist to the right? Do you change the grip? Do you change your whole arm position?
    ????
    Thanks in advance
    -Harry
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Not strictly GJ, but anyway quite fast and strong tremolo on acoustic guitar:

http://www.riemurasia.net/kaatopaikka/go.php?id=511
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi everyone!
    MIchael, How do you turn the pick inward? Do you bend the wrist to the right? Do you change the grip? Do you change your whole arm position?
    ????
    Thanks in advance
    -Harry

I angle my wrist...there is also some slight adjustment with the thumb and forefinger...same grip though. I'll have a picture of it in the Gypsy Rhythm book.

'm
  • AgentAgent New
    kimmo wrote:
    Not strictly GJ, but anyway quite fast and strong tremolo on acoustic guitar:

http://www.riemurasia.net/kaatopaikka/go.php?id=511

This is very helpful, but what make of blender would you recommend?
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I play with a completely floating hand with no contact to the top. I think this enables more speed on the tremelo although some people might argue.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I angle my wrist...there is also some slight adjustment with the thumb and forefinger...same grip though. I'll have a picture of it in the Gypsy Rhythm book.
    Thank you, and by the way, any update on the release date of "Gypsy Rhythm"?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thank you, and by the way, any update on the release date of "Gypsy Rhythm"?

I've got the entire manuscript sitting in front of me....the first vol.1 will be about 240 pages! Two more volumes after that....

I'm editing it now and recording the CD...I think we'll finally have it done before x-mas!

'm
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    im excited to see everyones playing ability improve after your book is released... rhythm is sooo important (obviously)
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Michael,

If you're starting a waiting list, or a pre-order, put me down for #1.

Best,
    Jack.