DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazzers in Portland Oregon?

13»

Comments

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

My 2 cents. In 2010 I thought that music was going to shit. These days I'm seeing so much good music coming out and it's really inspiring. Even though it looks like the world is going to shit right now, I think that things are about to turn around for the whole planet and become awesome. We just need to stay the course and keep on jamming. Move to PDX!

Buco
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Portland has never been the gleaming jewel of the the west coast. Sometimes the hardships can create opportunity and a climate for affordability for pioneers. I've always considered myself as such. Right now Portland is like a beautiful apple with some rot on one side.

RipBucoPhil
  • flavafilflavafil New

Thanks everybody! A lot to think about! And thanks, Phil, for answering my questions and providing an honest assessment. PDX, like a lot of big west coast cities these days, has a few warts, but it does seem to me like music holds a higher place in the lives of most people there. Now all I have to do is convince my wife! She is not too hip on rain and cold weather!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

When I lived on Whidbey Island many years ago, we always joked that the sun would go away sometime around October and not return until April. If you survived the first winter, you knew you'd be ok. Thankfully I had a job with frequent flying that allowed me to see the sun every few days. Also found the rain was less of a drenching downpour and more of just a light misting. Not so bad, really.