DjangoBooks.com

Ready'n Able

ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 56
Hello everybody,

I'd really like to learn this tune but I can't find a tab or sheet music...can anyone help please?...(it doesn't matter who's version is it, but if it's stochelo's it would be great)

Thanks!!!

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    well, as far as I know nobody has publicly shared a transcription of that tune. you would have to transcribe it yourself. i would start by getting to know Stochelos style a little bit better by looking at some of the transcriptions in the hotclub.co.uk powertab section....
  • bertonebertone Morristown, NJNew
    Here's a chart for this tune transcribed by a friend from the fabulous George Benson version (it's called "Bayou" because it was taken from a vinyl reissue that had all the song titles mixed up.)

Stochelo's version is pretty close, with a few extra notes, some of which Benson plays on the record. The chords are standard rhythm changes, except as noted in the intro and tag.

Hope this helps!
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot...this is great...Loved it....Thanks for your help...All the best!!!...
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Now we have the intro...can anyone help me with the chords?...anyone?

Thanks
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    I don't know the song, but the poster above says it is more or less Rythm Changes - try variations on I vi ii V.
  • BonesBones Moderator
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    it's a rhythm changes with a little arrangement , every now and then they 'll play the beginning phrase... i used to play that one
    I'd like also have a trascription of Ready'n Able (Bayou) I can't find it..help me! ;)
    bertone wrote: »
    Here's a chart for this tune transcribed by a friend from the fabulous George Benson version (it's called "Bayou" because it was taken from a vinyl reissue that had all the song titles mixed up.)

Stochelo's version is pretty close, with a few extra notes, some of which Benson plays on the record. The chords are standard rhythm changes, except as noted in the intro and tag.

Hope this helps!
    Why I can't see your attachement?

bertone wrote: »

Hope this helps!
    Why I can't see your attachement?
    Sorry.. I have done!! Thank you.