DjangoBooks.com

Using Google Docs to share chord charts

djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
edited April 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 1,018
If you have a Google account, check this out. this idea just occured to me about using Google (Blogspot) to share chord charts with each other by using Google Docs to publish chord charts :

http://gypsyjazzcharts.blogspot.com/

just an idea for now but i hope it evolves into something useful. i think this method might work better than using a Wiki since each person can selectively share chord charts with certain Google users or with everyone.

for example, person A can create a chart and share it with person B & C and then person C can share it with person D, E, &F , etc. a good way to pass chord charts around maybe...

I don't think it's illegal to share my charts on a blog is it? It would be sad if it was.

Comments

I think this is a wonderful idea, but how will it differ from http://nuagesdeswing.free.fr/jouer/?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    There's so many places now to find charts that I think the only added bonus of something like this would be to share charts that show personal substitutions and the like...which could still be interesting in its own way, as each new recipient alters it to show their preferred changes. But yes, for basic charts, I think the sites that are out there already are sufficient...

best,
    Jack.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Well, i've been using Google docs for my chord charts for a while now and I will probably keep using it. If anyone wants to ever collaborate on chord charts, let me know by sharing your chart with me from your Google account. I am djangofan at google.com .