DjangoBooks.com

Mystery Guitar and a cheap pick up

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
Hello all, just joined this is my first post so forgive me if I lose coherency.

Two things I bought off ebay recently might interest you the first is a mag pick up, made by Pe-Ge whoever they are, very old never used and intended to be fitted to the fingerboard. I removed the brackets and hold it in place with blu-tack. The beauty of it is it has adjustable pole pieces.
Sound wise I have no idea how it compares with a Stimer or Miller but I do know it compares well with a vintage Framus p/up & scratchplate combination I own. All of this for £6.00 or $12.00 bucks. Sound depends on amplification but good results so far from a Roland Cube and my PA system. Please note this is attached to a Richwood selmac copy - heresy to some maybe, but it got me started. Here's the pickup

Secondly I just bought this guitar. No maker listed but the seller stated that it was Italian, had a 26.64" scale length and was made in the 50/60s
- which looks about right.
Does anyone recognise it or have any thoughts - other than you must be mad to by on sight only ?

I look forward to any replies :P
always learning