DjangoBooks.com

Very Cool Busato Grande Bouche on Ebay.fr

blowry2blowry2 Chicago✭✭
edited March 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 10
Thought someone might want to see this Busato on Ebay.fr.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/guitare-Jazz-Manouch ... dZViewItem

Hopefully that link will work, if not there's always the old cut and paste!

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Could someone translate the description? My French is non-existent.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I haven't bothered to translate the French, but there's definitely some doubt about the provenance of this guitar. It's certainly not a classic Grande Busato, but Busato made a lot of variations, some rather strange. It's possible this could be one of those. It would be difficult to say without a full analysis of the guitar. Even then, may be hard to say for sure. It could just as easily be an older guitar built by one of a dozen other French luthiers of the period.

Either way, it's my experience that the classic Grande Busato is the exceptional model. The other variations I've tried were interesting but didn't have magic characteristics of the grande.

'm
  • fillegitanefillegitane New YorkNew
    klaatu wrote:
    Could someone translate the description? My French is non-existent.

Here is my free translation. Covers the main points. Hope it helps.

It is with some regret that I part with this guitar. It is a Busato Grande Bouche from the 40s in superb condition for its age. The neck is perfectly straight.

Specifics:
    Birdseye maple (back and sides)
    Walnut neck
    Ebony fingerboard and bridge
    Spruce top

Action is 4mm
    Width at the 1st fret, 4.5cm
    12th fret, 5.5cm

The back is curved and the sound is very powerful, perfect for “le pompe.” The guitar will be sent with a hardshell case. Anyone who would like to try it before bidding can make an appointment. Tel: 06 86 40 34 88
    ach mishto