DjangoBooks.com

Dupont Nomade

Comments

Are the bolts there to hold the neck in position while the glue dries, or are they all that is holding the neck on? IOW if you took off the bolts, would the neck pop off?
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    There's no glue involved here. The bolts are meant to be unscrewed in case you want to take the neck off and put your guitar in your suitcase !
    - JG
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    yes there's no glue. If you take the bolts off the neck detaches from the body.
    Really good sounding guitars!
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Is there anybody who can tell me if the Dupont Nomade Macca (D hole,14 fret) diapason is 650 or 670 ? :?:

Thanks for the reply,
    Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I'm pretty sure if it's a 14 fretter it's long scale (670mm)

Good morning, this is my first post here. Just received my 2020 Dupont Nomade from Michael at Django Books and it is truly a wonderful guitar. Mine does have a zero fret, some of the earlier posts indicate theirs does not so maybe it is a new addition. The guitar is stunning in appearance and plays extremely well. The notes ring with very little effort. It came with a case that looks like a gig bag but is actually hard underneath which is great for travel. The profile of the neck is such that it facilitates easy chord playing even for those of us that like to use the thumb on the lowest string. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and can recommend the Dupont Nomade and Michael at Django Books. Thank you, Matthew

vanmalmsteenBucomac63000BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesMichaelHorowitzKlausUS
  • TwangTwang New

I have owned a Nomade for several years. A couple of years ago I decided to order a guitar from a top top top gypsy jazz luthier. I waited the best part of 2 years for the guitar and when I got it ,it wasn't a patch on my Nomade so I sold it. It was a terrible mistake to order the guitar and I went by reputation of the maker. Hopefully I've learned my lesson.

Guitars are very subjective but if I turn up at a jam with my Nomade, it is usually louder, punchier, drier, etc than everyone else.

I kinda hate the guitar for being so good cos I'm a guitar snob with more money than sense. I hate the bolt on neck, I hate that its bottom of the range. But when I pick it up all this goes out the window...Ive only ever played one guitar I liked as much (and he wouldn't sell me it).

Its not even Duponts, I've played several and I didn't like them as much.

mac63000KlausUSBillDaCostaWilliams
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

I kinda hate the guitar for being so good cos I'm a guitar snob with more money than sense. I hate the bolt on neck, I hate that its bottom of the range.

Sometimes the cheap(er) thrills are the most enjoyable! I would definitely consider a Nomade D-hole for a second guitar, though I share your feelings about the bolt-on neck...

Twang
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

One of the guys at the Glasgow jam sessions had an oval hole Nomade. Brilliant guitar. I bought a Dupony Busato, not the best sounding guitar in the world, the Nomade beat it on all counts but especially soundwise. As for it having a bolt on neck, so what ?

always learning
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

As for it having a bolt on neck, so what ?

There's nothing inherently wrong about a bolt on neck, I think it's just not what you'd associate with an acoustic guitar traditionally so it's kind of off-putting aesthetically.