DjangoBooks.com

Tchavolo Swing chart

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited October 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 244
Anybody know of a lead sheet for Tchavolo Swing? I searched but didn't have much luck probably resulting from ill-formed search criteria.

-Rob

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Rob,

Are you looking for the "Tschawolo Swing" Tchavolo Swing (from the Gypsy Reunion disc), or the "Latcho Drom" Tchavolo Swing (from the film Latcho Drom)? The latter is here (pdf). I don't think I've seen one for the other tune...

best,
    Jack.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Jack wrote:
    Hi Rob,

Are you looking for the "Tschawolo Swing" Tchavolo Swing (from the Gypsy Reunion disc), or the "Latcho Drom" Tchavolo Swing (from the film Latcho Drom)? The latter is here (pdf). I don't think I've seen one for the other tune...

Jack, I don't know which to be honest. I played along with it the other night at the Gulu-Gulu jam session for the first time, not knowing there were two versions. Jack Soref or Tim Weed could tell us which.

Thanks very much!

-R
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    99.9% of the time it'll be the Latcho tune, so that's probably the one you want (Dm, long opening arpeggio line, etc). The other one is in G major and you almost never hear it...

best,
    Jack.
  • xavxav New
    here's the grille for latcho drom too-
    can't remember where I found it so apologies that I can't give the credit to someone. It's probably from emicad's page anyway.
    Good tune.
    :D