DjangoBooks.com

Jam Session this Sunday September 16th in Belmont MA.

tim weedtim weed Los Angeles CANew
edited September 2007 in North America Posts: 10
Jam Session this Sunday September 16th in Belmont MA. Hope you can make it out to my place this weekend for an end of summer jam. I have attached the flyer that has been going around. All are welcome. Shoot me an e-mail if you need to get more details. Hope to see you there!
Sunday Sept. 16th
81 Grove st
Belmont MA 02478
3:00
Tim Weed, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
Los Angeles CA

Comments

• robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    The jam session was a great success with idyllic weather, refreshments, and perfect surroundings. A good number of players showed up to trade licks, pour libations to Django, and enjoy the sunny afternoon on the hosts' spacious lawn under a lovely shady tree. Playing was high-energy, and instrumentation included several guitars, violin, clarinet, soprano saxophone, snare drum w/brushes, and standup bass. A passer-by even stopped to add some soprano trumpet on his family's way to a church ceremony, and several neighbors walking dogs joined us, unable to leave, while one family took up concert seating on the grounds with the idea of staying to enjoy the infectious rhythms of gypsy jazz. Bottles of Tim Weed's home-brewed beer ("Weed" brand—one of the best beers I've tasted) was served up for guests. Methinks Weed beer might even be an ideal sponsor for future Django-inspired events. :)

I had a splendid time, evidence of that being that I'm exhausted from playing. It was great meeting new faces and seeing my gadje (sp?) friends.

-Rob