DjangoBooks.com

Troublant Bolero

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited June 2012 in Repertoire Posts: 244
I'm looking for a sheet w/melody and chords.
-Rob

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Right here:

Pearl Django Play-Along Songbook Vol.1

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    There's also a solo transcription (Stochelo) here:
    http://www.transharmo.com/Trans/Downloads/REL.php

The site also has some Bireli, Fays, and Romane.

You can also find a powertab here. With that you can print off just what you want-notation, tab, etc. You may need to add chords yourself.

Finally there's this. Good to meet you over the weekend, Rob!

best,
    Jack.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Michael, that looks like a great book—I checked it out. Actually it's a more than I need at the moment, but thanks anyway. All I need is the lead sheet. If I weren't so lazy, I'd take down the chords from a grille and write down the melody line from a youtube video on a chart myself. I'm hopeless.
    Thanks, Jack!

I enjoyed jamming, and look forward to next time.

-Rob
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Wow! Nice magazine. Thanks again Jack,

Here is a version from the Latin Book by Robin Nolan (book 3), I recommend the book if you are into play-alongs & other g-latin tunes

(sorry if the coda/intro is missing)

Best ~
    But it's not a pdf of the actual book page, right? I'd rather we don't post things that Michael might have available for sale-and Robin's a nice guy too! I wouldn't want to take away from either of them...

best,
    Jack.
    Jack wrote:
    But it's not a pdf of the actual book page, right? I'd rather we don't post things that Michael might have available for sale-and Robin's a nice guy too! I wouldn't want to take away from either of them...

I concur (though the page looks pretty not-official). Good to remember we're here by the good graces of Michael who is kind enough to grant us a lot of latitude.
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Hi guys,

Correct, it's not offically a photocopied version from the actual Nolan book (which has just a tab and looks a million times better, and has no standard notation).

This was done for melody instruments to read --violin, accordion, saxes, etc. I thought of adding this version here to show the tune from another perspective.

I understand if it must be removed (I would hate to be out of line towards Robin as I respect his books very highly ~ Robin is inspiring and amazing!).

His play-along books were perfect practice guides when I was stuck in a small town with no g-jazz players around.

If anything I hope people purchase his play-along books as they are absolutely superb learning tools.
    WowBobWow wrote:
    Hi guys,

Correct, it's not offically a photocopied version from the actual Nolan book (which has just a tab and looks a million times better, and has no standard notation).

This was done for melody instruments to read --violin, accordion, saxes, etc. I thought of adding this version here to show the tune from another perspective.

That's good by me; I think we need more lead sheets for melody instruments...see the Fake Book thread!

best,
    Jack.
    Jack wrote:
    That's good by me; I think we need more lead sheets for melody instruments...see the Fake Book thread!

best,
    Jack.

Exactly right, lead sheets are key for a performer—many of whom play pro bono gigs for love of the music—and it seems to me those are okay to post particularly when we're putting our own sweat equity into notating and correcting them, for the public use. BTW I wonder what Chris P, fearless leader of that project, is up to.

-Rob