DjangoBooks.com

New "Gypsyjazz" boxset

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited August 2007 in History Posts: 386
There's a superb new 4cd boxset called "Gypsyjazz" just been issued in the UK by the excellent Properdisc label.
It's packed full of rarities by Sarane Ferret,Matelot's "Diner et musique" ep,Jean Bonal,Jean Sasoon,Henri Crolla,Joseph Reinhardt with Gus Viseur.It includes a 30 page booklet and and recording details.
All this for about $20.
Even though some of the stuff is familiar it's still my bargain of the year!!

Here's the link www.propermusic.com/products.asp?recnumber=753

Stu

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    That;s coming in today! Will be in the shop shortly....

Great deal!

'm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Proper does a great job of introducing people to different genres and artists-I can't imagine this being anything but very, very good. And the price is right-we should all buy a set and donate it to a local radio station...

best,
    Jack.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Jack that is a great Idea. I have been trying to get the station I DJ for to get The Gypsy Jazz school set for a year now. I will bring this one up as well. The head of the music deptartment is in music school with me plays classical guitar and likes django and grant green and the program director is my homeboy from elementary school who was my roomate for two years seems like I would have some kind of pull but no. oh Yeah I will probably post another thread about this but this sunday from 4-6 pm eastern time I am DJing the world music show and it will be heavily gypsy and gypsy jazz.incase anyone wants to listen on line. www.wvfs.fsu.edu
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    Wow!