DjangoBooks.com

ST 48 and Gitane DG 300

helaghelag Breizh/FranceNew
Hi
Is anybody here have been playing on a dg 300 with a Stimer st 48
Does it work good ?
Is there a problem with the E , B strings ?
:D

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I have a Stimer and a DG-250...works fine.
    What problems are you having?
  • helaghelag Breizh/FranceNew
    I m just thinking about buying a stimer st 48
    i ve bought a dg 300 2 years ago ,and i don't if it 'll work fine on it.
    The action of th gitane's guitar is low , and i was thinking of the strings E B
    played after the 12 frets maybe they can bump on the micro.

PS
    Sorry for my english , maybe it's not clear :oops:
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    I have a ST 48 on order from gypsyguitars.com and will be using it with a Gitane, so i'll let you know if their are any problems. From what others have told me it should be ok with the exception of the top couple of frets.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • helaghelag Breizh/FranceNew
    thanks for answering me :D
    My Stimer 48 arrived today :D and its great! As mentioned already their is a slight issue with the pickup and the last 2 frets on Saga Gitanes. But to be honest that's the dusty end of my guitar so i can live with it. I really love the sound though, it has that warm Arch top tone but with all the benefits of the Selmer guitar. I'm playing through a AER so the sound is clean, that is the amp doesn't colour the sound, rather the pickup colours the sound if you know what i mean. I'm playing at a wedding next month so really looking forward to putting this new set up through its paces. The Stimer comes with a 12 month guarantee :? I hope that doesn't mean they are not very robust? Looks sturdy enough, time will tell.

Of the 3 ways I've tried to amplify my Gitane, the Stimer definitely got the edge for classic tone and volume. The others-an AKG Condenser mic nice and clean but occasional volume and feedback problems, the Schertler Dyn-G, pretty much hopeless due to not being compatible with the AER versus Selmer construction...well that's my take on it any way.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Glad you're happy with your new Stimer!!

I love mine too.

For the clearance issue try flipping it. A lot of people do that.

Also experiment with the volume control, most people turn it up just a little to get a cleaner sound, and it's a good idea to have a little gain reserved in case you need it at some point.
    Hey thanks for that idea, i tried it this morning and it resolves the issue with the last two frets. Looking forward to trying it with my group.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500