DjangoBooks.com

New CDs: John Jorgenson - Ultraspontane / After You've Gone

Comments

• guitarnowskiguitarnowski Peru, ILNew Gitane, etc., etc.,
    I bought an advance copy of Ultraspontane at his show last month and can hardly stop listening to it. There is some great music on it. (I'm even starting to like the stuff I don't like so much!)

What a player.
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    Are these both new releases, or is "After You've Gone", a re-release of an older CD ??
    -fopa
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    Just looking at the picture on the cover says it all. :lol:
    I think it was recorded in 1988 ?

David
  • guitarnowskiguitarnowski Peru, ILNew Gitane, etc., etc.,
    I bought an advance copy of Ultraspontane at his show last month .

And, likewise, my extremely informative sentence above says all that needs sayin; :wink:
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see he's got Beryl Davis singing Don't Worry 'Bout Me-it's come full circle!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes...After You've Gone is John's original Hot Club style recording. I think he did it in the 80s!

'm
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    I ordered "After You've Gone" from Jorgenson about 6 mos ago & was slightly annoyed that it was a CD-R with inkjet cover in a slimline jewel box. Sure, it sounds fine, but I paid $20 for it and would have preferred to know what I was buying. Is the one you have a CD-R also?

thanks
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, it's a CD-R. It's a very old recording that John re-issued himself. Sorry, there's no other option.
  • plankityplankity CTNew
    A friend who toured with John at that time told me a weird story that John's wife was an A&R type at Curb Records but even with that connection, Jorgenson had to foot the bill for the whole project, if they would release and distribute it. Apparently they didn't want to re-issue it as well (I have a CDA re-issue of it that I bought several years ago). Personnel includes David Grisman and Darol Anger on the hot club numbers. Worth checking out.

Norman CT/USA