DjangoBooks.com

The "other" solo pieces

2»

Comments

• thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    Thanks to Craig & Digger.

I'd like to add that I also find it quite surprising that this book is not a good seller. I consider it as perhaps the best single music book devoted to Django. Get this book and "the Ultimate Django's Book", a reasonable set of ears, and you're good to go!

Tim
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks for the kind words Tim!

'm
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I love the book... it is one of the favorites in my library. And it is truly a testement to your love of Django and some serious scholarship and listnening. Great work!
    charlie
    Thanks Charlie...glad you like it!

-Michael
    Hi Michael,

I'm curious if you know if Django is using an electric on this, or some kind of effect :? on the amp (if electric or acoustic) And this isn't in the book is it? I assume this is a stupid question so please be kind i just can't see it in there.

The tone on the guitar seems to be different to anything i've herd. Its sweet, rattly and rings out. Full of colour but isn't like his usual selmer sound (to me) imho.
    Any info on this track and the guitar would be great!
    And what integral cd is this on?

thanks,
    Which piece are you talking about?
    sorry i put 'track 13' in my above post (subject) obviously wrong place to put it now.
    Thats the track i'm on about anyway. Track 13, Its on the cd accompanied with the unnacompanied book.
    You're talking about the Belleville track. That's from the same session as the Nuages cut.

I don't think it's an electric. He just tuned his Selmer down a step or so...gives it a lush, buttery sort of sound.

'm