DjangoBooks.com

Denis Chang's Jazz Manouche DVD - redux

Comments

• ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    dennis wrote:
    hey thanks folks, i appreciate it..

the new dvds should be out fairly soon!

What's the latest word on these new DVDs?
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i'm told they're proofreading the dvd subtitles, everything 's finished... but there are stupid mistakes to correct ie Dark Eyes - Dark Guys
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    I'd leave it the way it is. Same for True Blunt Bolero.
  • JanJan Bremen, GermanyNew
    Hi Dennis,

Just bought your 'Art of Accompaniment' DVD a few minutes ago. Hope the order is clear ... it's the one to Bremen, Germany.

I watched your clips on youtube and they are a very good way market the DVD (it clinched it for me) but there was no website/buying info there which led me think that maybe you didn't post them there.

Anyways, good work!

Jan.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    hi jan, i don't have anything to do with sales and orders of the dvd, it's all done by hyperhipmedia www.hyperhipmedia.com, they are the ones who put it up on youtube!!

i hope you enjoy it!!!
  • SnapcaseSnapcase New
    Hi all, those clips on youtube made me want these DVDs so badly. I'll order them all soon. Thanks for a really good work, dennis.
  • TommasinoTommasino Alexandria, VANew
    ...And here's yet one more rave review of Dennis' DVD.

This ranks as one of the best instructional videos I've *ever* used--regardless of instrument. Dennis' pedagogy is first-class, his style effective but friendly and informal, and the addition of the three students who try to follow Dennis' instruction (showing common mistakes and how to correct them) is a fantastic touch.

The range of topics covered, the amount of exercises and drills proposed, and the easy-to-follow pace make this both an authoritative learning resource and a very effective refresher to go back to periodically.

There's enough in this DVD (if practiced correctly) to keep an intermediate player occupied for months. I've had the DVD for 3 days, and my knowledge and playing have already dramatically improved--honest to Goodness.

Bravo, Dennis, and thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Tom
  • dapperdan7dapperdan7 ✭✭✭
    dennis the audio is occasionally very sub-par.should be corrected since that is essential!
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    It took me about 40 hours of work before I mastered DVD1 and moved onto DVD2. Its going to take me more than 3 months to get through these and I have already been playing for 7+ years. Even after I get through them, revisiting them will be invaluable to keep things in memory. Hopefully I can get through them by Djangofest but I am not counting my hedgehogs yet.
  • adamas55adamas55 Lorraine-FranceNew
    I ordered the 5 DVD, they arrived very quickly.
    I just started my apprenticeship in a solo style,
    and with the first exercises I'm already a little django. :oops:
    happy to hear this music. Under French captioning
    is very good :wink: , I'm very happy with this method, I have
    to do all the exercises :? , to become a very good guitarist :lol:
    I apologize for my anlais but I do not speak too well

Thank's Denis for this method. :wink::D