DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
    Any reaction to these? I've been using the Pearse Nuages, which are pretty bright, and would like to find a darker sounding string like the Argentines.

What are these like and how well do they hold up?
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Haven't tried them myself, but one of the guys I play with regularly switched to the D'addario strings on his Gitane 250 and it has never sounded so good. Louder, rounder, less tinny. He has experimented with a variety of strings, but we all noticed the improvement w/ the D'addario. Course it may not work that way for everyone, but at least success is possible.

Craig
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I've had issues with several A's with Argentines... Even thougth they can be replaced if you call them, it's stil very annoying.
    So far I'd say D'addario are as good (if not better... time will say). :wink:
    - JG
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    I switched to these after trying many types. I had been frustrated with the quality of Argentines, and liked the Newtone strings for their tone.
    I was truly shocked by the D'Addario light strings. My Jorgenson model sounds great - loud, punchy warmer than Argentines but with great definition.
    They hold up longer than Argentines, and I haven't had a single dead string, nor have I had one fray apart after 3 weeks. I'd recommend them.
  • TroelsTroels Whidbey Island, WANew
    Anybody else seeing that?
    I don't think that I play the d string more than the rest, but after probably 2 hours of playing time, the d string was reduced to the center core at most fret location.
    It sounds sort of OK though, I've played a few gigs with it in that condition.
    The other 3 wound strings in the set are all fine with little visible sign of wear.
    This is the light set, by the way.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Wooww, Troels !!
    You must be on fire when you play, that's it !!
    - JG
  • TroelsTroels Whidbey Island, WANew
    Joli Gadjo wrote:
    Wooww, Troels !!
    You must be on fire when you play, that's it !!

Of course I am! :lol:
    But I'm burning on all 6 strings, not just the D string.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I tried one set. they had multi colored ball ends. they felt a lot like Argentines ...

i will still use argentines becuase i prefer loop ends since they are faster to change when there isn't time...