DjangoBooks.com

New La Gitane Transcription

Comments

• MatMat New
    Pardon?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Also bear in mind what Barr mentioned in his original post; that he was using both "Angelo's version from Gypsy Guitars and Tchan-Tchou's, from the "Gipsy Jazz School compilation," on the IRIS label. The transcription combines both versions, mainly Angelo's."

So his version is a bit of both, though mainly Angelo's. Carry on!

best,
    Jack.
  • SteveGypsyJazzSteveGypsyJazz Sherman Oaks✭✭
    Hi,

I put all of the pages into one pdf and rotated the upside down pages.

Thanks everybody!

Steve
  • SteveGypsyJazzSteveGypsyJazz Sherman Oaks✭✭
    Here is the PDF attached.
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    Hey I am sorta new to this tune, I have heard it before and really liked it. Now that I am really going for it great guns...How in the heck do you pick those fast descending scales in the A sections? The ptb file shows a hammer on and pull of....Angelo's version really sounds like he's picking everything. Just wondered what you experienced GJ cats might know.

Thanks a bunch,
    Chip

P.s.: happy new year to everyone!
  • The hard at the first but the easy way in the long run

Learn the notes by heart and by ear (sing hum whistle whatever)

Figure out the fingering on the fretboard that you find easiest to play, picking all the notes if possible.

Practice for hours and hours.

I know a few really good pro musicians who take a few years to get a piece with lots of notes to an acceptable performance level. I'm absolutely certain there are lots more out there who would say the same.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    shahari wrote:
    How to get started doing medical billing or transcription from home? I have my certificate in Medical Billing and Reception and also took a couple transcription classes. I have a 2 year old son and no babysitter for me to work out of the house as my husband works days, but is on call 24/7. Where can I find a billing or transcription job working from home?

Sharai, thanks for your insightful thoughts on La Gitane. You're really adding to the conversation. Please send my best to your 2 year old and your husband. Sorry he's so busy working.
    I would love to see Paul mehlings version transcribed...any one..any one?
    as a wise man once said "shut up and play yer guitar"!

Frank Zappa
  • sketchsketch New
    marvelous! i'm learnig this one this night! :!: thank you!
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    thickpick wrote:
    shahari wrote:
    How to get started doing medical billing or transcription from home? I have my certificate in Medical Billing and Reception and also took a couple transcription classes. I have a 2 year old son and no babysitter for me to work out of the house as my husband works days, but is on call 24/7. Where can I find a billing or transcription job working from home?

Sharai, thanks for your insightful thoughts on La Gitane. You're really adding to the conversation. Please send my best to your 2 year old and your husband. Sorry he's so busy working.

awesome.