DjangoBooks.com

Hand sweat

dankajdankaj Bergen, NorwayNew
edited August 2006 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 9
hello, i have a serious issue with perspiration on my hands, i play for an hour and the strings are dead. i tortured a guitar maker with my sweaty hands for months without my knowledge, and he finally confronted me with the problem, at least i made things right by buying a guitar. witch i am quite proud of owning by the way. but is there anything i can do about this, i probably should speak to my doctor about it. but has anyone got the same problem?

Comments

• vincevince Davis & San Francisco, CANew
    well, as a rock climber I have one solution for you - chalk. It's what gymnasts, rock climbers, and drummers use to keep from slipping off bars, rocks, and drum sticks. It would be a little weird to coat your hands in chalk and then play guitar - it would end up getting the guitar white and disgusting, but I think if you chalked up your hands, then wiped them off with a dry rag, it should help. A rock climbing company called metolius makes a chalk called Super Chalk which is chalk plus some drying agent that works well (at least for me, on rocks).

A weird possible solution - hope it works! If you try it, just be sure to use it sparingly so it doesn't get all over the guitar.

V
    I don't know whether I'll ever be an excellent player if I keep practicing, but I'm absolutely sure I won't be if I stop.
  • LarssenLarssen Oslo, NorwayNew
    Hi, I dont have this problem myself but I've heard it helps washing your hands in sparkling water (ex. the norwegian brand "Farris"). 8)

Christian
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    i think there's gorilla snot for this..
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/