DjangoBooks.com

Beautiful Olivier Marin Oval-Hole For Sale

JDMJDM New
edited February 19 in Classifieds Posts: 4

Greetings,

I’m selling a beautiful 2011 Olivier Marin Oval-hole with Walnut back and sides and a red cedar top.

I’m looking for £2000 but open to offers so feel free to drop me a message if you’re interested.

djazzyJangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliamsWilliebillyshakesstrombolimusikwim

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

There's your used luthier guitar, @strombolimusik!

Willie
  • edited February 20 Posts: 49

A Gonzalo guitar! It's a beauty but just a wee bit out of my budget, sadly.

PS: Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

No worries. Not sure you're going to find a luthier-built guitar for much under that but you never know! Good luck with your search.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

O Marin of that vintage is a rare find. If it doesn't quickly find a buyer at this price point then the London GJ market is truly depressed.

JDMbillyshakes
  • cm2144cm2144 New

Hi there JDM,

Is the Marin still for sale?

Can you tell me anything about the neck...the profile? Is it quite chunky/slim?

Many thanks.

Chris

strombolimusik
  • TwangTwang New

Marins have chunky necks. Thicker than a Dupont but they aren't uncomfortable. They have a slightly bigger body than a Selmer. They have a very thick finish but it's not poly or nitro. It's French polish! They're made in Granada where many classical/flamenco luthiers send their guitars to a French polisher. I don't know whether Olivier does the polish himself or not. High end Gotoh pegs, think it's a Dupont tail piece, Cocobolo bridge (on newer ones anyway). They are very handmade so vary greatly in my limited experience. Not overly loud (or quiet). The Cedar ones are what he's known for and they have a very distinctive sound. Never played spruce.

• cm2144cm2144 New

Thanks Twang.

All info is very much appreciated.

Chris