DjangoBooks.com

Removing Dupont strap button?

GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

I am trying to install a Baggs pickup system into a Dupont MCC-100. The new endpin jack will replace the factory-installed strap button in the tailblock.

The current strap button doesn’t seem to be affixed with a screw, so maybe it’s a threaded type (threads bite into the drilled tailblock).

Has anyone removed this type of strap button? Was it glued in?

Tia!

Comments

• DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
    edited August 2023 Posts: 172

I removed mine just fine, to install the https://www.djangobooks.com/Item/dupont-bigtone.

No issues. Comes right off with a hex ranch.

To install the new endpin jack, and tighten it up properly, I did have to do this, with a stick, and tighten the bolts through the sound hole before putting it back in place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbfgqb1pBnM

• GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28
    edited August 2023 Posts: 117

Update, I shined a very bright headlamp into to the (exterior) strap button’s hole and there’s a tiny phillips-head screw. I missed it before because it’s very small and slightly stripped/furry. And thanks DragonPL, I will be using the dowel method to get the new jack in.

Which Baggs pickup are you putting in? Is it hifi pickup by any chance?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

LR Baggs Dual Source. The guitar was supposed to come with it already installed but Dupont did not install it so I am having to to do it aftermarket.

Buco
  • GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

Update 2: Since the (obviously) phillips head was stripped, I used a hand screw extractor, and was able to unscrew the unit. No glue used. I could have used nylon jawed pliers. Ref pic if anybody someday cares:

billyshakesBuco