DjangoBooks.com

Possible pick-up for gypsy guitar

Hi all, another post about the eternal search for the mythical perfect pickup 😂. I've been playing GJ guitar for over a decade now and play a Hahl 98 gitano. Beautiful guitar.. I've tried just about every pickup/microphone under the sun and pretty sure the amount I've spent on them far eclipses what I spent on the actual guitar which wasn't cheap! Some have been terrible, others ok but with imperfections that can't justify using them and can't be fixed through EQ/placement etc. The guitar has a very lush and dense sound with lots of overtones which wouldn't be helping things in terms of amplification..

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on if this pick-up might work in a selmac guitar or if the bracing and everything else would create issues (let alone having to cut a chunk in the guitar to put in the EQ/volume control). I'm just at my wit's end and really need something where I can plug and play. We play very often in large venues to large crowds and the band is loouuudd (much to mine and the other guitarists disdain 😑) anyhoo any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙏

https://maton.com.au/product/ap5pro-pickup

Cheers,

Lachlan

Comments

• CraigHensleyCraigHensley Maine New Barault

Email Michael Joseph Harris in Ultrafaux about this. He plays a ton of gigs and has cycled through many pickups, often dealing with the same sound scenarios.

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Have you tried the Krivo stick-on magnetic pick-ups, like the Micro-Manouche? They work extremely well for me on every gig.