DjangoBooks.com

*SOLD* Old Antoine DiMauro for sale

AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
edited April 2023 in Classifieds Posts: 541

I have a 50s Antoine DiMauro Modele Django up for sale - needs serious head stock repair. Box is in nice shape for 60-70 year old guitars, great sound. $500 or best offer Django All Stars autographs included!

BucorudolfochristWillie

Comments

• flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable

Can you share pics of the headstock issue?

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

I’ll share a previous post documenting my attempts to have it repaired after the original insufficient repair let go:

There might be another post - I'll keep looking.

wim
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

So did those previous bowtie and lateral splines not do the trick then? I would have thought that would have been bomber.

Man, sorry to hear. That's a beautiful guitar. There's gotta be a way to make that solid. Les Paul's headstocks break at the exact same spot all time and get fixed. Is the string pull that much different?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    edited May 2023 Posts: 541

I spoke to Craig Baumgarner and he believes he could fix it, but it would require removing most of the wood near the break and the splints and creating a scarf joint with new wood in the middle. Alternately, a whole new neck could be fitted. I would keep the fingerboard if possible. Since I’m thinning the herd, I decided to sell it to someone who’ll use it and get it fixed, rather than spending a boatload of more money I don’t have. It does sound nice!

Buco

Somehow that was always the nicest looking DiMauro for me. A perfect bargain for someone with skills to get the work done.

AndrewUlle
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

I can't believe that last fix has failed! It looked like a great job and very strong (providing there was plenty of decent glue used of course). You didn't leave it in a hot car again did you?!!!

• paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

Yes, @Andrew Ulle for some reason clicking your user name goes to a dead link.