DjangoBooks.com

Les as du musette

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426

For the people interested in history of musette, there is a nice project looking for funding: book, CD, vinyls, illustrations by R Crumb.

Be careful when choosing how to get rewarded for support, there is a french and an English version of the book.

(I dont have any connections to this project, I just hope it gets funded so I can read the book :))

https://fr.ulule.com/les-as-du-musette/news/

DoubleWhiskyrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Really cool, thanks for sharing!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,271

I am SO into getting this. Paps, thanks for sharing the link. Glad to see the quality of this project, both with Dominique (who I became familiar with thanks to his interview of Roger Chaput that he recently put up on youtube) as well as Robert Crumb (both long-time members of Les Primitifs du futur). I look forward to seeing what they put together and hope it will make it across the line.

Just a week left to support this project, in case any of you are interested. There is either a French version of the book or an English version. With 85% of the funding completed, I'm pretty sure the project will go ahead.

DoubleWhisky
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

98 % now and 6 days to go, so it's really looking good! Ordered the vinyls and the book separately, I couldn't justify the extra 24€ for the usb stick. Thankl you @PapsPier for drawing attention to the project.

I didn't think about that until after I had already ordered. Indeed, that is probably the way to go.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Looks to be a wonderful project.

Seems you need to buy the vinyl LPs and CDs together. So book +music comes to 86 euros.

I guess the postage (included) will be higher due to the dimensions of the vinyl. Wish there was a cheaper option to get just the CDs and book.