DjangoBooks.com

How did Django get his electric tone on the 1947 radio recordings?

2»

Comments

You'll be in a ballpark with any magnetic pickup and a tube amp.

@crookedpinky@crookedpinky I'd love to see the picture of your solution for a humbucker mounted on a D-hole.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

I got it wrong it's a humbucker sized P90. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Buco
    always learning
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Here are some pics of my pickup hack. The frame is made from a piece of bog oak, the wiring is mounted internally to an end jack socket - you can see the internal socket the pickup plugs into in one of the pics.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    always learning

This is a great solution. I always figured something like this can be done. Still surprised there's no commercial solution along the same lines. Something universal, like a phone car brackets only for pickups that can go in D-hole guitars. Thanks for pics.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I've seen Angelo play a guitar with a roulotte decal like that on your guitar. What's the story with yours? Is that painted on or some sort of sticker?

To be honest It's a smaller copy of one from Angelos guitar. I did a bit of photoshopping on a jpg and then printed it on decal paper and put it on the guitar. Simple but effective.

BillDaCostaWilliamsBucobillyshakes
    always learning
  • guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar

My set up.

A steel saw blade ( grinded teeth )

And everything hold with blue potty.

To adjust the height ?...........just bend to blade according to the desired height.

DoubleWhiskyBuco

@guitarmike And you solved the b string imbalance too! I was thinking just the other day when this came up again as it does every so often, along the lines "it shouldn't be that difficult to make that spot a little less magnetic". The solution? Give it a few wraps of electric tape. Genius haha

billyshakes
  • quizmaster72quizmaster72 Upstate New YorkNew 2002 Lehmann Eclipse

Good call; I was going to suggest the Kleio 47 as well.