DjangoBooks.com

Valerian Waltz

edited October 2022 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know the chords to the Valerian waltz?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Martin

Tagged:

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805

This could be what your looking for after I "eyeballed" the melody line on the preview chart and listened to an instrumental on internet. Search "Waltz pour Valerie" and click on the link www.free-scores.com - This Waltz by Pascal Berthe.

Thanks, I think I might have found what I'm looking for.

https://guitarejazzmanouche.com/grilles/perso/view/6089/

Never heard of this one before, it's very nice.

mjohnson51
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,308

Edit: Ok, after listening to this version a little more, first he is playing it in G, not in C as the jazz manouche grille indicated. It sounds like in bars 3-4 and again bars 19-20 he moves from the G6/9 to a G#dim. I think in bars 9-12, the rhythm player here is playing a line cliche from Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6. Both are not against the simplified chart, but just give it a little more harmonic interest.

=======

I'm not at my guitar, but listening to this version with the grille from the post above seems to be about accurate. The chord in bar 11 sounds different from the one in bar 9, so it is either an inversion of Dm or it could be a different chord? Again, not at my guitar to figure it out at the moment.

The camera focuses on Serge playing the melody for a good portion of time such that it might be pretty easy to figure out what he is playing to one so inclined.

mjohnson51
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Here's another version I found on youtube. This is also in G and he just sits on the G chord for the four bars. Otherwise, looks like similar chords, but you can watch him fret them if that helps.

Bucomjohnson51JSanta

There's this one too, just came out three days ago

wim
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,457

Who is behind "Exploring Gypsy Guitar" channel? Tasty player

mjohnson51

Not sure, I've subscribed to him since a little while ago. All I know he's in Greece. Yeah, he's very good.

mjohnson51
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

One of my favorite channels, Antonis Arfanis, is also Greek. I guess they have a nice scene there

mjohnson51BucoDoubleWhisky
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 4

Thanks for all the comments folks, I'm on my way to mastering this one.