DjangoBooks.com

Looking to buy: Pierre Ferret Tziganskaia LP

mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B
in Classifieds Posts: 248

Hey all,

I figured this wouldn't be a bad place to put some feelers out there... But I've been looking for the double LP record of Pierre Ferret's album Tziganskaia for some time. They don't pop up very often but I'd be interested in buying if anyone's ever selling.

Any other Ferret records would be welcome as well. I listen to them all the time but would love to add them to my vinyl collection.

Thanks all,

Matt

DoubleWhisky

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Funny you mention this. I have been looking for the CD of this lately myself. I know I could stream it for free on the services, but I'm still a physical media guy.

mac63000DoubleWhisky
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

It's such an excellent album, the first time I listened to it was while driving on winding roads in northern France and I haven't been the same since.

Also a nod to the appreciation of physical media!

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Also @billyshakes , there are some copies on the Discogs marketplace of the CD. One of which seems a reasonable price.

Thanks for the tip. I look at Discogs for their track info, etc when I don't have liner notes, but I've not ever purchased through their marketplace. Certainly ~$20 all in is better than an absurd $85+ that I was seeing on Amazon.

mac63000
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

I bought this on CD probably thirty years ago from Jon Larsen; certainly when there was no other way to pay online and I had to get an International Money Order (do they still exist?) from the bank to mail to Norway. I notice even now Hot Club Records do not appear to have their own website, but yes the catalog should be available onlne through the normal sources. As for finding a vinyl LP I guess they may turn up but I suspect you will need some patience (and probably dollars).

Meanwhile, it is also worth looking out for the 3CD 'Frères Ferret: Les Gitans de Paris 1938-1956' set from Frémeaux & Associates for more of the same.

mac63000billyshakesDoubleWhisky

+1 for the Fremeaux 3-CD collection. I have that and the Baro CD sitting on my shelf here. The Matelo one was the one I lacked (but its on the way now!)

As for Hot Club Records, their Facebook page seems to have current posts and it lists an e-mail for Jon. Seems mostly about online/digital releases more than physical product.

mac63000