DjangoBooks.com

5 pd amp?

2»

Comments

Yeah, in this world $550 is fairly reasonable. But then there is 5W AND 5 pound version with slightly less bells and whistles for $200.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

I came close to buying one of those tiny white (acousitc) Blackstar Fly battery powered amps because a friend has the rock-oriented model and was raving about it. They are 3 watts but weigh a lot less than 5 lbs

BucoScoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Posts: 872

yup I went for that since it just for fireside jams...I'll let you know how it worked out. 2 pds before batteries, certainly worth taking a shot. I also teach lessons on occasion outside so...well you have heard of "THE TERMINATOR"?...I AM..."THE JUSTIFIER!"

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Alright, did a quick test on the amp...

Lets not consider price...it is not loud, it is just 2pds but it definitely reenforces the sound so I can play a fireside jam with louder instruments. Surprisingly not boxy sounding and the echo is a nice touch if you want to do a slap back echo or add one if you are playing a ballad. There is compression on the sound (not a feature) so there is a noticeable squeezing of the tone.

Let"s consider price...59 smackers and it comes with batteries (first one came with really badly corroded batteries and was sent back). "If" it proves to be durable then a fantastic purchase. it is very plastically so one small drop could end its tiny existence.

BucoBones

I came across this tiny amp in my FB feed. Curious if anyone has experience with it. https://www.positivegrid.com/spark-mini