DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

CyrilGaffiero tbleen Sticconti

Dupont MD50 questions

lukejazzlukejazz Natchitoches, Louisiana✭✭✭ Dunn Belleville, Dupont MD50

Hi all - I have a Dupont MD50 that I bought from Michael a few years ago. I've really been enjoying it lately, especially since I've been playing it exclusively for the last 6 months or so. I think the MD50 and I have more or less "come to terms" as I have made a few technique corrections for GJ style over time. I feel like I'm getting a very acceptable tone out of it. I like that the sound seems to have a certain consistency all over the range of the instrument while still maintaining a certain amount of sensitivity. I have another instrument where one or two notes seem to sonically explode out of the instrument and that's a bit frustrating trying to compensate for that.

I've not had the opportunity to meet a lot of other GJ players. According to Michael's description it seems like the MD50 is sort of an industry standard. I watch a lot of YouTube videos and have really never noticed even one player using the MD50. Of course it could be that I just am not noticing it.

Here is my question - has anyone here had a Dupont MD50 and moved on to another guitar? Why and what are your experiences?

Luke

Tagged:

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

I sold mine to our rhythm player and bought up to a Vieille Reserve (top of the line). I recently went back and played his MD-50 and you can tell it is by the same maker, they have very similar traits, it really is a fine instrument. One can get tired of the tone like any guitar and want to play something else but I think they are great and love playing them. I have a lot of fine guitars and my Reserve is is at the top of the list. The MD50 is fairly close in quality.

lukejazzrudolfochristbillyshakesBill Da Costa WilliamsJSantarichter4208
  • JasonSJasonS New

They have a reputation of being consistently really good as long as the setup is dialed in. Like anything, you may eventually find a guitar you like better for one reason or another but that probably won't be due to any shortcomings of the Dupont.