DjangoBooks.com

Di Mauro Honolulu

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
in Classifieds Posts: 959

How rare is this? 

Not quite 'Gypsy Jazz' but being a fine example of Antoine Di Mauro's craftmanship I thought it may be of interest on here. Made in Paris probably in the 1950s, possibly earlier, but I understand the trend for Hawaiian guitars in France had passed by the mid-fifties.  Spruce top, laminated maple back and sides with a nice clear 'flame' or 'tiger stripe' and a mahogany neck.  It has the original bridge, tailpiece and yellow button (upside down) Delaruelle tuners.  It has the A.Di Mauro branded mark on the back of the headstock and a raised nut set up for Hawaiian (or lap steel) style playing with a bar.  The finish is in excellent condition with no chips or cracks and very little signs of wear. 

Asking AU$1,750 which at the time of writing = approximately US$1,200 at current exchange rate.

Unfortunately insured international shipping these days is getting expensive and there is no way around it, but to USA or UK it would cost up to AU$450 (US$310) as a conservative estimate although I could not confirm exactly until it is safely wrapped and packed in a box and I am not doing that unless it is sold, so I may be able to get that down a little.

If interested just message me, I can send more photos and I accept Paypal, but if anyone prefers the security of using Reverb, here is the link:

Willie

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited June 2022 Posts: 825

@ChrisMartin As an occasional lap steel player I would love to hear your guitar - never had the chance to play or at least listen to one. Did you record anything?

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Sorry, I don't have the facilities here, and anyway I am not really up to speed with the techniques so I probably can not do it justice anyway. That is why I am selling, as much as I have collected a few Di Mauros down the years and this one is in fine condition, I decided to offload some distractions to focus on what I want to learn.

WillieBillDaCostaWilliams