DjangoBooks.com

Moreno/ Angelo Debarre

2»

Comments

• NotoNoto
    edited June 2022 Posts: 39

I'm sad to hear that about Moreno,

Here's another great recording that Moreno and Angelo Debarre made with the Hot Club de Norvege:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2D6NyWEwm04uWDLK6iYqhH?si=8iSj1B0KTN2xHgcy_soBwQ

Yeah, I hope he's ok by now.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JojoJojo London UK

Thanks for the film @Buco. Love the cinematography in it too. The film filled a hole in my knowledge about gypsy/traveller life. I think Angelo now has a permanent place ( in Samois?).

I’d not heard of Ninine either. Does anyone know if the song Swing for Ninine by Romane is dedicated to him?

Thanks in advance

Buco
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

And just to second the above comments; Les Fils du Vent is essential viewing for anyone who has not seen it (I doubt there can be many on here who have not) and even if some of the dialogue gets stale with repetition there is enough good music to justify many repeated viewings.

All four come across as very different individuals, which we can then relate to their various playing styles, and suddenly the personality of each can be heard and understood in their playing. I was definitiely a Tchavolo Schmitt fan when I bought the DVD some years ago, I thought Angelo just a bit too flashy, a 'speed for speed's sake' player, I knew little of Moreno and even less of Ninine but since watching it I became a fan of all four. And for different reasons. One could suggest Angelo's complaints about the life on the road and how important it is to preserve the old ways sounds rather hollow as he soon after filming that settled in Samois, and I worry that Moreno's clowning may actually be hiding his true talent, but nevertheless after watching the whole film one feels one has made four new friends.

I hope Moreno can make a healthy return soon.

BucoJojoWillieBillDaCostaWilliamsbbwood_98DoubleWhisky
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Was just listening to this on Spotify this morning and was wondering who is singing on the track "O Letchto Gurgo"? Is it either of the players or a different singer? The voice is nice and if it is either Angelo or Moreno, I'd be left wondering why they aren't singing any more songs! Does anyone have the CD w/liner notes? Discogs was not helpful in this instance.

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O