DjangoBooks.com

Peche/Stimer style pickup into PA?

markusmanouchemarkusmanouche Baltimore, Maryland, USANew Eastman DM-1

Hey Everyone,

I have a peche a la mouche pickup that I LOVE and I currently play it through my blues junior which sounds amazing. However, I’m in the market for a small but mighty battery powered PA (probably the Traynor TVM15 or BOSS Street II) that I could use for busking, but I’m not sure how the peche pickup would sound with it. Does anyone have experience with playing a peche/Stimer through a PA? Thanks!

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited April 2022 Posts: 1,457

Can you clarify what you mean by PA? The street cube is not really what gigging people would call a PA. They're nice amps though, and works well for busking (I had a similar setup in busking in Paris)

rudolfochrist
  • markusmanouchemarkusmanouche Baltimore, Maryland, USANew Eastman DM-1

Wow that’s the exact setup I was thinking of! Good point, PA probably wasn’t the right term for the street cube. Since it has a microphone input I guess I just lumped it in with other PAs. I’m glad to hear the setup worked well for you. Any clips of you playing through it? Thanks!

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Actually, Roland lists the Street Cube and Street Cube EX under the Portable PA Systems link. https://www.roland.com/us/categories/amplifiers/portable_pa_systems/

I have the 5 watt (2x2.5w) version and it sounds great with my Krivo Nuevo single coil pickup. It is difficult to see the amp as a PA, but for a busker with mic and electric guitar, it is perfectly designed. More from Roland/Boss:

Portable PA

• It’s a guitar amp and mini PA system in one! With its dual-channel architecture and XRL/1/4” Microphone input, you can sing and play guitar through one convenient amplifier. There’s even a delay and reverb devoted to the Mic/Line channel.

markusmanouche