DjangoBooks.com

Hamburg Sinti musicians

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited February 2022 Posts: 826

I think I will end the entries at this point. Hard work to find reasonably useful material of the musicians I know; and there are still many that I don't know at all, because I'm not an intimate connoisseur of the scene. Just wanted to introduce some of the musicians that I know, whose names do not ring the bell outside of the Western European Sinti community.

MikeKBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesDoubleWhisky

This is great, looking forward to hearing these you guys you just posted. Thanks!

Willie
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

@Buco If the planned project with Kako and Manusch Weiss (🎷🎸😀🎻🎺) leads to useable recordings, I will share them here.

BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

I'd be disappointed if you didn't. Can't wait!

Willie
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I think I will end the entries at this point. Hard work to find reasonably useful material of the musicians I know;

Thank you for the sharing that you've done so far. Sounds like you need to film some jam sessions for posterity with some of these guys. The treasure trove that is this forum keeps on giving....thanks again!

Williewim

The friendly reactions to this thread are encouraging me to one last (?) post: Manusch Weiss is playing on Mogeli Geisler's fantastic album "Gypsy Summit"; he can be seen in the teaser between 00.13 and 00.18

richter4208BucoDjangheureuxDoubleWhisky

Listening to this album now. Wow, so good, one of the best records in the genre recently, even longer than that. Willie, you made my day with this discovery.

Williebbwood_98BillDaCostaWilliams

@Buco I hesitated posting. I was quite sure I was the last one to discover ...

Bucobbwood_98

Yes, after I posted about his album it occurred to me that it might've been mentioned already. But I couldn't find anything. If it was mentioned I doubt I would have missed it. Mogeli's name has been mentioned a few years back.

there is a live recording of Giovanni Weiss and Double Bass Player Giorgi Kidnaze on German Broadcast i hope it could be seen worldwide: https://www.ndr.de/kultur/musik/jazz/Giovanni-Weiss-und-Giorgi-Kidnadze-Nodja,konzert1150.html He plays an old Framus Semi (he owns a nice L5) and sounds great plus he's a very nice guy!

BucoWilliebbwood_98