DjangoBooks.com

godin gypsy jazz multiac

Hi guys, I am interested in this guitar... I play electroswing in a band and with mu AJL J'attendrai it's diffuclt to cut the mix.... I would like to know if the bridge is adjustable to lower the action. In a video a godin man at NAMM says clearly that it is adjustable, but a person that is selling a used one sayas no. Can someone who played it help me? thanks in advance

Comments

Looks like it's using the bridge with "bone" insert which may be what a rep at NAMM was referring to since they might offer different heights. Also presumably you could just get an adjustable archtop bridge since the acoustic sound here isn't a priority.

How are you amplifying the AJL?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • LucaTLucaT New

thanks Buco... yes I amplify it with a manouchepicks mic by Jokko and with a peche a la mouche (double amplifications) with an acus amp: great tone but when we go electric in 6 musicians I need more punch!

Does it feedback if you turn up louder, is that why? Once you use the magnetic pickup it's all about amplifying the signal to as loud as you need it. Maybe you need more wattage from the amp. Unless I'm missing something.

It occurred to me that Godin might have a piezzo built in the bridge in which case you couldn't use a different bridge. But it can still be set up to a nice low action, either by sanding the feet to lower the action or using the shims to raise it. It's still possible that they offer bone top inserts with different heights. With that guitar, once the action is set, I don't think it'll move.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • LucaTLucaT New

thanks