DjangoBooks.com

Olivier Marin guitars

Of all the GJ guitars that I've tried over the past 20years, the one I'd like to try, but haven't come across is an Olivier Marin. The tone and responsiveness of the OM guitars played by Gonzalo, Kikteff, Convert, Moignard etc... has been truly stunning. They seem to be rare in the US. Any owners out there wish to share their thoughts. Anyone know which exact model the guitarists mentioned play? Anyone have one for sale and if so why!? Cheers 😎

Comments

• nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

Hi Phil,

I have a Marin I purchased new in October 2020 from that other dealer who's name shall not be spoken. Here are the specs:

Cedar top

Solid walnut back and sides

Mahogany neck

Ebony Fretboard

Nickel/Silver Frets

Rosewood Bridge

The neck is a thinner modern neck which makes it faster especially for horizontal runs. In terms of tone it is very modern and not vintage Selmer sounding at all. But if you dig the tone you hear on Clasico with Adrien and Gonzalo or 1910 with LDDLH then you'll love it. It doesn't growl as much as something that is more vintage Selmac based, it's more focused in the mids and has a sweeter tone to it. So very cool but not vintage in any way at all. It seems to prefer 10s over 11s as well. Action is awesome too, this guitar is built for speed and just like driving a Ferrari you have to discipline yourself not to put too much weight on the accelerator pedal. 😊

jonpowlKlausUSBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesBucorudolfochristtnhughes
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

@nomadgtr thanks... sounds like a great guitar! Yes, I love the sound of LDDLH!