DjangoBooks.com

Best/Worst times to ship a guitar?

alivetomorrowalivetomorrow Mid-Missouri New DuPont Nomade D-Hole 2018

I have a DuPont Nomade I am ready to list soon. I was wondering what thoughts you all would have on the ideal time of year to ship a guitar would be? I live in mid-Missouri. Right now seems like a bad time of year with the bitter cold off-and-on weather. Should I wait for the spring?

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    edited February 2022 Posts: 261

I have not had any issues shipping instruments in the winter (I live in Western NY). Make sure that the instrument is packed like a tank and advise the buyer not to open the box for at least 24 hours so that it can slowly come up to temperature.

I have shipped two acoustic instruments this winter (a classical and Eastman OM) and both arrived safely because I go overboard with packing material. The risk to many instruments like guitars is that the sudden increase or decrease in temperature can cause finish checks or worse. Given the waiting period for the guitar to slowly adjust, I've not experienced any issues shipping guitars.

alivetomorrow
  • alivetomorrowalivetomorrow Mid-Missouri New DuPont Nomade D-Hole 2018

Thanks for taking the time to reply