DjangoBooks.com

D holes with magnetic pickup question

13»

Comments

• edited January 2022 Posts: 50

years ago i asked the German Pickup builder Harry Häussel to remagnetize my old red DeArmond, he send it back and explained to me that the pole pieces should be twice as high as wide (the DeArmonds go the other way around), so if you want them to be 3mm high they're supposed tom be 1,5mm wide otherwise the polarity won't build a proper "North and South". But he added THAT may be the reason these fine Pick Ups sound so great, diffuse polarity, East & West all around;-) I really like the idea they found the Holy Grail of Pick Ups by Error...typical human!

I'm also wondering how to attach my old Rowe Single Coil (Rowe also build them DeArmonds), don't like the Putty solution...

Hey I DO love to go up there to the 26th fret but it takes some work to get used to the "Thump Position"! Try it, it's great up there in the piano register!

juandererbillyshakesBucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

I'm a little late to the conversation here (and there's already a thread about this from March of last year), but I've had good luck using a Krivo on my Altamira D-hole by puttying it to the bottom of the d-hole and to the bottom of that pesky little extended fret section. Finally a use for those frets! Here's a pic of the way I do it, hopefully this will offer another solution to the issue.

BucobillyshakesChristopheCaringtonJSantaGouch