DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Wowser, Joe Hisaishi film composer--- !!!!

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
in Repertoire Posts: 1,736

This lovely, spirited jazzy melody would make a great gypsy jazz waltz, don'tcha think?

It might need to be simplified a bit, down to the level of mere flailers and hacks eg yours truly, but I think it could really work.

What do you think?

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
Bill Da Costa WilliamsBuco

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 15 Posts: 1,736

Here's what I hear so far... one chord per bar

Ebmaj7-- D7+--Gm--Gm--Cm7--F7--Bb-Bbmaj7

A7sus--A7--Dm--Dm/C--Bb6--Cm7--Am7--D7

That little unexpected Am7 chord is so gorgeous...

On first glance these changes would seem to be challenging to solo over...?

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

This is one of my favorite tunes from one of my favorite movies! One of the first waltzes I learned when I started playing accordion. It's pretty straight forward. I play it like:

(Gm pickups)--

Cm--D7--Gm--Gm--Cm--F--Bb--Dm

Em--A7--Dm9--Cmaj--Bb--Am--D--D

rudolfochrist
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 15 Posts: 1,736

That was beautiful, Dennis!

Who did the arrangement for the two violins?

Have you ever tried to solo over the chords?

Will