DjangoBooks.com

Wowser, Joe Hisaishi film composer--- !!!!

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
in Repertoire Posts: 1,854

This lovely, spirited jazzy melody would make a great gypsy jazz waltz, don'tcha think?

It might need to be simplified a bit, down to the level of mere flailers and hacks eg yours truly, but I think it could really work.

What do you think?

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
BillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2022 Posts: 1,854

Here's what I hear so far... one chord per bar

Ebmaj7-- D7+--Gm--Gm--Cm7--F7--Bb-Bbmaj7

A7sus--A7--Dm--Dm/C--Bb6--Cm7--Am7--D7

That little unexpected Am7 chord is so gorgeous...

On first glance these changes would seem to be challenging to solo over...?

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

This is one of my favorite tunes from one of my favorite movies! One of the first waltzes I learned when I started playing accordion. It's pretty straight forward. I play it like:

(Gm pickups)--

Cm--D7--Gm--Gm--Cm--F--Bb--Dm

Em--A7--Dm9--Cmaj--Bb--Am--D--D

rudolfochrist
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2022 Posts: 1,854

That was beautiful, Dennis!

Who did the arrangement for the two violins?

Have you ever tried to solo over the chords?

Will