DjangoBooks.com

SOLD! 1996 DUPONT MD35 Guitar - EXC+ CONDITION

2»

Comments

• crothcroth ✭✭
    edited March 2022 Posts: 107

That’s an excellent question. While I don’t have another Dupont to compare it to, I do have a Holo Traditional and a Bumgarner Derecho. That said, I find that rhythm sounds very much the same on all three, dry and snappy. I know that some say that solid wood imparts more “wetness” to the sound, but if you search, you'll find opinions vary greatly on that question and there's some consensus on that it is dependent on the skill of the builder. In the case of this guitar, I don't think there is that issue. I surely don’t hear any significant “reverb” or "wetness" when compared to my other two guitars.

There are a few renowned builders who only, or predominantly, build with solid wood back and sides. Rodrigo Shopis is one of them who ONLY builds with solid wood. Altamira does both but some of its most popular models are of solid wood. Listen to the sound sample video I've provided in my ad and hear my guitar for yourself.

This is a beautiful guitar. But it is also the easiest playing one of the three I have, given equal setups to my taste. I’m not selling it because I don’t like it, I can assure you of that. I just move in and out of my guitars all the time and it’s this ones turn to go! I'm trying to keep the size of my collection under control! This buying and selling is a bad habit, but it’s my bad habit! 🤗

richter4208BillDaCostaWilliamstnhughes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    edited March 2022 Posts: 1,308

@croth Someone has to come along and shake the apples from this guitar’s tree.

With Mr. Miller's signature on this guitar, I think if you were shaking it's tree, it would be the peaches you liked!

• crothcroth ✭✭

Yes, had I been more clever when I wrote that line, I would have used the quote from The Joker! Love that song but didn’t think of it at the moment. Ah, yet another missed opportunity…. :-)

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Like all improvising musicians, I was just riffing off of the theme you played to me. Not sure I would have come up with it without the inspiration. :-)

Bucocroth
  • crothcroth ✭✭

Also, one of my favorite guitar tunes early on was Doc Watson’s version of Sittin’ On Top of the World: “If you don’t like my peaches dontcha shake my tree. Get outta my orchard, let my peaches be”.

I could’ve thought of that at least!

billyshakes