DjangoBooks.com

Scoredog Holiday Songs

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Welcome Posts: 872

I did not want to piss on the other thread so if you just can't find enough Holiday Gypsy Jazz music to make you happy, well...this probably won't do it but here it is in case you are interested. Some of these are new others back a few years...

new

Sharmat Andersson Christmas

We may be ugly but at least we are old.

older Swing 42 XMAS

New solo git...

older

and one more with Nate Najar playing guitar and Daniela Soledade....Scoredog String arrangement.

Nate sometimes plays Le Duc des Lombards.

MichaelHorowitzBucovanmalmsteenrichter4208geese_comMarkAwimbillyshakesWillieAndyWand 3 others.

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Listening now to the first track.....sounds great! Nice backing track Score! I can also see "someone" did some decorating.

MarkAScoredog
  • ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

ooh yea - seems the good ol' I-vi-ii-V works for a lot of good Christmas tunes. Got any more recommendation?

I recently played Jingle Bells over Douce Ambiance - definitely got some chuckles from the audience.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Posts: 872

Thanks Jesse, Christophe and all the likes above....

Christophe, because most GJ tunes are pretty simple and Christmas songs are of a diatonic nature about 90% of major tunes will work with major Christmas tunes. It's been a while but what I probably did on those type of pieces was made a list, checked it twice , made sure what I played was not naughty but....sorry bad train of consciousness...I made a list that I could refer to as I was soloing so a glance down would remind of songs I could potentially put in as I was playing.

Here are a few songs...

Joy to the World

Oh Christmas Tree

Sleighride

Winter Wonderland

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Let it Snow

Rudolf, etc etc, pretty much anything

minor is a bit more difficult as there are less tunes but some major tunes of course can fit as you know with Jingle Bells. Most minor Xmas tunes will work against Minor Swing or Douce etc, like God Rest yee Merry Gentlemen.

BonesChristopheCarington
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Nice work!!

Scoredog

That was a really nice solo guitar arrangement and boy does she have a great voice.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Thanks Buco and Ben for your comments!