DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

VBoose RLW abluesky Repassažanka Malcolm26K

Paris recommendations?

tallentallen New
in Europe Posts: 1

Hello,

I will be traveling to Paris in June for 1 week and looking for recommendations on guitar shops, luthiers, and venues to see live music. Throw them all at me. Many thanks! If the right guitar speaks to me I may have to bring one home. Looking for your experience and expertise.

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew Old french mystery

Never been there - but opening the homepage for the first time really blew me away - and still does:

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10

That is the old RF Charle store. Pretty neat history.

• WillieWillie HamburgNew Old french mystery

Wim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆModerator 503 February 2015 edited February 2015 Posts: 1,242

* The best and biggest is Guitare Village as already mentioned. It's a little outside the ring road of paris.

* RF Charle is a beautiful shop definitely worth a visit. It's right in the centre near the Louvre.

* Dupont showroom has many guitars but unfortunately they are all duponts. Avenue Daumesnil in the 12eme.

* Don't overlook private sales, you can find some great bargains on leboncoin.fr

* You can usually find a few gypsy guitars in most regular guitar shops in Paris! Rue de Douai in Pigalle is a hotspot, virtually every shop on the street is selling guitars or sex. Rue de Rome in the 8eme is also a great spot for instruments, and if you are already visiting JB Castelluccia you will be very close, just have a walk around near there.

and a guy on the forums mitch mercier always seems to have a guitar or two for sale! he has quite a collection

this map helps : https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zAIXQdEIIe-s.kdZcftOscJ8w

Bill Da Costa Williams
  • ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

Second nearly everything @Willie mentioned.

For some gigs:

• La Chope des Puces (reservations for big-acts like Angelo Debarre, walk-in Saturday's for Jamming & shows)
    • L'Apostrophe on Fridays (jam)

The next you'll need to check calendars for:

• Le Bal Blomet (it's also a cabaret spot if you're into that)
    • Jazz Café Montparnasse
    • Sunset-Sunside
    • 38 Riv (personally love this place, though TINY)
    rudolfochristWilliegeese_comBill Da Costa Williams
  • jaredjared New
    edited December 2021 Posts: 31

Casanova shop, as mentioned above, is a must. I feel it is possibly the most beautiful and perfect guitar shop in the world and Jerome is a great guy. There are always some nice guitars there and the Galerie Vero Dodat is a fine bit of Belle Epoque architecture worth seeing for its own sake. Castellucia will have a few guitars in the shop but he is generally pretty busy with his work and is not a chatty fellow. I'd only go there if I were fairly serious about buying a Castellucia guitar. Some French is pretty important for both of these shops.

Wim GlennWillierudolfochristbillyshakesBill Da Costa Williams

I don’t know of any guitar shops, but I know a little hole in the wall that has a cassoulet that would make an old French grandma cry. Tallen PM me for info.