DjangoBooks.com

Anyone waiting forever for a guitar?

Comments

• nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

I agree with Scoredog, time to ask for your money back. You could have had several guitars built in that amount of time with other luthiers who are more customer-centric.

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

And if and when you do get any deposit paid back.......NAME and SHAME so the rest of us do not make the same mistake.

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited November 2021 Posts: 337

Just got my van Halen guitar, a Kramer, retro 80s kind of deal. Took 19 months I believe. By the time it got here I had forgotten about it and was sort of over it.lol

Obviously the Covid stuff severely disrupted production and distribution

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Make sure you add it to the guitars in your profile! 🎸🤘

BucoTwang
  • BonesBones Moderator

Maybe ask for progress pictures? Is it close enough to drive over and see it?

• cmcmurphy22cmcmurphy22 New Bumgarner, Zwinakis

I can highly recommend working with Craig Bumgarner. Great guy and amazing guitars.

billyshakesnomadgtrBones
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

I concur cmcmurphy22. Craig is an example of the kind of luthier I described above that I look for when commissioning a new build.

• swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

I agree with both of the last two comments. Craig is not only a talented luthier, but patient and accessible

to prospective clients. He remains that way throughout the entire process.

• GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

Time-pressuring and/or over-communicating with a quality luthier 100% guarantees you won’t be getting the best work that luthier is capable of.

(Which is not to say no schedule and/or zero communication is acceptable; I’m saying if you want “the goods”, you need to submit to the idea of letting a sensitive craftsperson rip and do what they do. Late stage feedback/adjustments of the finer setup points is a simple matter of peeling off some reasonable quantity of $20s from a big visible stack)

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.