DjangoBooks.com

RIP Pat Martino

StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
in Welcome Posts: 465

We have lost a jazz guitar great. Patrick Azzara, thank you for the inspiration.

"When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

A giant!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Such sad news. Thanks for sharing. Was fortunate to see him with Joey D on the Live at Yoshi's tour. Such an amazing life story for him to be able to re-achieve virtuoso status after a large chunk of his brain was removed. This image shows just how much was taken away.

wimBucoWillie

Sad news.

He'll inspire generations to come with what he's left behind. In music but also medicine. He's been a unique case study in research of brain and neuroscience. This is extremely interesting article that talks about his injury from a medical stand point but it's filled with stories and anecdotes prior and post recovery.

WilliebillyshakesDjangheureuxBonessteffo
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

Me & Pat in St. Louis 2002. He graciously accepted my invitation to speak at several brain injury rehab hospitals here, about his own recovery from 2 brain surgeries.

One of life’s treasures for me.

Bucogeese_comWillierudolfochristbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteenBonesJSantaMichaelHorowitz

I've read the article Buch postet yesterday, very interesting, thank you! Now i do understand why the Interview i read in the Guitar Player long ago was a little special (i liked it).

Then i listened to "Strings" my favorite Pat Martino Record, just listen to " MOM", such a beautiful peace!

Buco